With a pet and/or a child at home, you have to always be ready for accidents. You have to be ready to remove the stains and odours these accidents leave on your carpets. Though you may hire professional grade cleaners or carpet cleaner rentals for the job, it’s rather expensive. Instead, it’s better to have a portable or handheld carpet cleaner at home, ready to tackle such emergencies.
These devices are also known as canister carpet cleaners or spot carpet cleaners which are designed to be portable. They are thus ideal to have in any home, especially if you have to constantly clean up after the mess your child or pets leave behind.
These handheld cleaners come with a range of accessories which let you clean up various surfaces in various situations to give impressive cleaning results. Portable machines are not only popular amidst pet owners, but also shop owners with limited space and people who have small carpets or surfaces which require cleaning.
If you are looking for the best handheld carpet cleaner, one of them is the Bissell Spotclean Model 3624. As there are few others which also fit this category, here are a few reviews worth going through to finally choose.
Compare: Best Portable Carpet Cleaner of 2017
|Picture||Name||Cleaning Purpose||Warranty||Our Rating|
Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable
|Best for spots and stains from carpet, stairs, upholstery and more||2 year limited||4.9|
BISSELL Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner
|SpotBot Pet fight the growth of odor causing bacteria, mold and mildew||2 year limited||4.7|
BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner
|Best for Pet stains and odors||2 year limited||4.5|
The Bissell 3624 SpotClean Corded Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner has a powerful vacuum which sucks and scrubs to remove the toughest spots and stains from various surfaces like carpets, stairs, upholstery and even auto interiors.
While it is not a steam cleaner, it has a 5 ft. flex extended hose helps it reach stains in hard to reach places like stairs and area rugs. The Bissell 3624 comes with a large water tank that carries ¾ gallon water.
This large capacity water tank helps you use the machine for a longer time over large areas before emptying and refilling it. As it is corded, there is no need of recharging batteries and the unit can be used as long as it is connected to a power point.
The additional professional tools like 6 stair tools, 3 tough stain tools and a 22ft. power cord which come with it assures a long reach. Its accompanying Bissell SpotClean Pro compact deep carpet cleaning formula helps get rid of the toughest stains. In addition to it, it leaves a Scotchgard protection to carpets after use which prevents future possible stains from occurring.
- Tough, corded compact vacuum that effectively removes even tough spots and stains
- Its 5ft. flex hose helps reach hard to reach areas like upholstery, carpets, stairs and even auto interiors
- Comes with stair tools, tough stain tools which can be easily attached to SpotClean Pro hose
- Long 22 ft. cord helps reach hard-to-reach areas
- Comes with a trial pack Professional Deep Cleaning formula containing Scotchgard protection to protect carpet from future stains
- Has a 2 year limited warranty
- Large water tank which holds ¾ gallon lets you clean large areas without frequent emptying and filling
- Easy to use and easily stored after use
- Produces so much noise you have to wear ear plugs while using
- While it is lightweight and easy to carry, wheels would have made things convenient
- Messy sprayer which drips extra water on wood floors
- Bissell cleaning solution reacts with red wine to give different colored stains
Tired of cleaning up after your pets? The Corded Bissell Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology 33N8A could be just what you are looking for. It’s an imported carpet sweeper which works on a Deep Reach Technology that delivers both water and cleaning solution to carpets to thoroughly remove deep stains.
It has a Unique Spiral Brushing action that makes more than 400 cleaning revolutions to remove tough stains. The Handsfree Spot & Stain Cleaner offers two preset automatic cleaning cycles to choose from while you attend to other work and the machine does your work for you.
All it takes is a push of a button for it to work hands-free at removing spots and stains on carpets and area rugs. It permanently removes pet-stains when used with Bissell Pet Stain & Odor and Pet Oxy Boost Formula.
- Automatically sprays, scrubs and suctions away pet stains at the push of a button
- Fill the clean tank with warm water and solution, press a button and walk away
- Lightweight and compact in design for easy carrying around and storage
- 2 preset cleaning cycles to choose from
- Deep Reach Technology cleans from bottom up to remove deeply embedded stains
- Unique Spiral Brush action removes tough stains with its more than 400 cleaning revolutions
- Its Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection helps prevent the growth of bacteria causing odor, mold and mildew
- Has an on-board hose and tough stain tool for stubborn stains
- Start and walk away to let the Spotbot cleaner do its work
- Pet Oxy Boost Formula starts a reaction on contact to remove tough pet stains and odors
- Water tanks are difficult to clean which leads to formation of mold inside
- Difficult to remove and clean hair from brush head attachment
- Cheap internal hose made of thin plastic that breaks off with heat and movement
- Solution tends to leak out of the bottom of machine
- Leaves round spots wherever it’s used
Looking for a compact carpet vacuum? The Bissell Corded Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner 14259 may be just right for you. It is a compact, multi-purpose wet cleaning device that gives a through and deep cleaning to carpets.
It has separate water tanks for fresh and dirty water while its built-in water heater heats water to help lift tough stains. With its powerful spray and suction, the compact Bissell ProHeat sweeper not only cleans but also helps dry the carpet in a single step.
The unit comes with a flexible hose which proves useful at reaching hard-to-reach areas, a spraying crevice tool and a tough-stain brush. Its recommended 2X Spot and Stain Formula helps tackle stains and even pet messes on multiple surfaces including area rugs, carpets, stairs and auto interiors.
Easy enough for anyone to use even on stairs and cars as it is lightweight and compact enough to lift around. Moreover, its water tanks are easily filled and emptied while in use.
- Has separate clean and dirty water tanks which can be easily emptied and refilled
- A compact wet vacuum which removes stains and pet messes on carpets, area rugs, stairs, auto interiors and more
- Its built-in hot water heats tap water up to 25 degrees hot for an enhanced and deep clean
- Its powerful spray and suction helps clean and dry carpets in a single step
- It comes with a flexible hose, stain-brush, spraying crevice tool and 2X Spot & Stain Formula
- Easy for anyone to use on stairs and cars as its lightweight and compact in design
- Difficult cleaning the hose and base well after use because of its weight and awkward design
- Some parts of dirty water tank are difficult to reach, clean and dry, which leads to formation of mold on tank
- Gets rather heavy when filled with water and solution
- Sucks up liquids better than solid pieces
- Heated water does not make much of a difference
Top Rated Handheld Carpet Cleaner of 2017
|Picture||Name||Item Weight||Product Dimensions||Our Rating|
|Review of Bissell Spotlifter Powerbrush Handheld, 1716B – Corded||7.1 pounds||18.5 x 9.8 x 7.4 inches||4.9|
Review of BISSELL SpotLifter 2X, 1719 – Cordless
|6.7 pounds||7.1 x 17.8 x 10 inches||4.7|
1. Bissell Spotlifter Powerbrush Handheld Hadheld Carpet Cleaner, 1716B – Corded
This Bissell 1716B is one of the best in the market, proven with its more than 700 customer reviews and 3.5/5 rating on Amazon. The carpet cleaner comes with a corded handheld extractor, Spot Lifter, power brush, an 18” long power cord which ensures continual cleaning and a motorized dual brush for double the cleaning action.
This Bissell helps add shine to your product while its manual spray trigger helps control the use of its cleaning solution. It’s continuous brushing and suction action helps target all your floor stains and spots.
- It’s 18” long power cord and 12 oz. water tank provides for continual cleansing.
- It’s Spotlifter Powerbrush uses powerful rotating brushes and a tank of cleaning solution to tackle stains and spots.
- It’s continuous suction when in use ensures the surface doesn’t get too wet and dirt and stains are quickly and efficiently sucked up.
- You decide how much of cleaning solution to use with its manual spray trigger.
- Cleans not only carpets but also furniture, stairs, mattresses and automobile upholstery.
- Some complain the machine has poor suction.
- Faulty trigger mechanism as you need to continuously spray it like a spray bottle.
- Too noisy
2. BISSELL SpotLifter 2X, 1719 – Cordless
This is another great Bissell handheld carpet cleaner, proven by the fact that it has more than 1100 reviews on Amazon and a 3.7/5 here too. The Spotlifter 2X portable deep carpet cleaner is perfect to use to scrub spills and stains in emergencies.
It simultaneously agitates soiled spots with its stationary cleaner brush and sucks debris up through its 7” nozzle. It has to be first charged for 24 hours and subsequently for 12 hours to use at full power for 15 minutes.
- As it’s cordless, you needn’t worry about frequent plugging and unplugging of the cord while cleaning floors.
- It’s dual tank system lets you fill one tank with clean water and solution while the other tank collects dirty water for disposal.
- Can be used to wash stains and spills anywhere at home.
- Sprays, cleans and dries carpets all in a single step.
- Difficult to attach canister.
- As the carpet cleaner sucks cleaning solution into its engine, there’s always a chance of something else reaching the engine in a similar manner!
- Lasts only 15 minutes after a 24 hour charge.
- Some complain its water sprayer isn’t impressive.
- Cleaning the dirty tank is difficult as it’s full of nooks and crannies.
- Does not such out water well.