With the Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge at home, you no longer need to hire professional carpet cleaners to wash your carpet. This is a lightweight budget friendly carpet cleaner with a powerful motor with good suction power for cleaning your carpet and eliminating all carpet stains. It cleans your carpet so well that even an old carpet ends up looking new.
This is not a steam vacuum; SteamVac just uses hot water and cleaning solution to clean carpet stains and remove bad odor after its five SpinScrub rotating brushes scrub the carpet to loosen stains.
The SteamVac is affordably priced considering the many features it has to offer like dual tanks, heated drying, powerful motor, wide nozzle and an attachment for cleaning upholstery and stairs.
5 SpinScrub brushes
The SteamVac has 5 steam SpinScrub brushes which work together to scrub and clean your carpet by stimulating the fibers and separating dirt from them. The loosened dirt is then vacuumed to give spotless carpets. These brushes are removable for easy and quick cleaning after usage.
You just have to press a button and SteamVac injects a concentrated stream of water and cleaning solution if you need an extra blast of cleaning power to handle stubborn stains or highly trafficked areas.
The heat which is directly applied to the carpet while cleaning kills bacteria, microorganisms and other harmful organisms.
The SteamVac has separate translucent tanks for clean and dirty water. As it’s translucent you can always see water levels. You can also see the dirty water being extracted from carpets, and many customers find seeing all the stains and dirt getting suctioning out rather satisfying.
As the clean water tank holds more water than the dirty water tank, the smaller dirty water tank has to be emptied many times while cleaning large rooms. Though it may be a hassle, it’s tolerable as the chances of spillage are higher with larger tanks.
Its 12amp motor creates great suction which vacuums and removes all the water and cleaning solution from carpets.
This is a unique feature of the Hoover SteamVac carpet cleaner as without any belts, there are no breakage or replacement issues to handle.
Brush rotation indicator
No need to worry about the working of brushes as the indicator tells you if they are rotating or not. Its 8 ft. Hose and SpinScrub powered hand tool make it easy cleaning stairs and tight places.
The Hoover SteamVac carpet cleaner’s power cord is about 20 ft long but doesn’t have any cord rewind feature. You have to manually wrap it around the cord slings on its back.
Cleaning filters and brushes
There is a filter on the cover of the dirty water tank which you have to clean just by rinsing. There’s no need of soaping it; just rinse and wring to remove excess water and replace it. Make sure you empty the tank after each use and spray water on it to remove excess sand in it. The scrubbing brushes too have to be washed after every use to prevent the accumulation of hair and fiber wherein the brushes may not turn properly the next time it’s used.
It’s better to remove surface and embedded dirt and dust before vacuuming the carpet with the Hoover SteamVac carpet cleaner. This is a carpet cleaner meant mainly for removing stains and for freshening the carpet and not for removing embedded dirt and dust.
Of course, it can suck up only tiny and fine dirt bits like sand as it’s not the cleaner’s primary function. Pre-treating the area with a good quality stain remover proves helpful at loosening up really stubborn stains.
- Carpets quickly dry through its steam of hot air.
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Lightweight machine this is why many women find it manageable while cleaning and not back-breaking like most carpet steamers
- Great for cleaning all the messes pets leave behind.
- With its 3-speed brush control, you can use it on both carpets and bare floors.
- Removable and multi directional brushes for better cleaning and cleanup after use
- Dual tanks for holding clean and dirty water which prevents contamination
- Attachment for cleaning upholstery and stairs and tool mode for cleaning hard floors
- Heated drying and optimal suction power which extracts most of the dirty water helps dry carpets faster
- Easy to use in small areas as it’s extended attachments reach hard-to-reach spaces.
- Absence of belts means less maintenance.
- Its SpinScrub brushes can be turned off, and removed, when in not in use on hard surfaces.
- Comes with 16 oz. cleaning detergent
- While some rival carpet cleaners require distilled water, this carpet cleaner works well with tap water.
- Not that expensive, and a free bottle of carpet cleaner accompanies it.
- It’s not mandatory that you use only Hoover brand carpet detergents with the carpet cleaner; other cheaper alternative products can be used.
- Leakage which can be prevented by ensuring the CleanSurge button is locked into place during its assembly before usage. If the loud snap isn’t heard, then the CleanSurge ends up switched on all the time and starts leaking.
- Though sturdily built, it’s made of reinforced plastic and has to be well taken care of.
- The machine doesn’t heat water. You need to heat water and use if you want to clean using hot water.
- Water tanks are rather small which ends up with your dumping out the water a few times while cleaning.
- A bulky machine which is not useful for small homes where storage space is limited
- Some consumers find it rather noisy
- Plastic tank latches may break if not careful
- While there are attachments for cleaning stairs and upholstery, removing the dirty water lid to attach the hose is not easy.
So the Hoover SteamVac carpet cleaner with CleanSurge is an affordable and decent performing carpet cleaner and shampooer. Though it’s not a steam cleaner, it effectively cleans carpets, upholstery and stairs with hot or cold water and cleaning solution.
If you thoroughly read its instruction manual and correctly read, maintain and use the carpet cleaner, this is a great cleaner which doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket in the long run.